Over the next several months we will be sharing excerpts from Don and Vicki’s book, Where Heaven Meets Earth. Don and Vicki use the materials in this book for teaching a prayer conference which has inspired many people to pursue a deeper and more meaningful relationship with the Lord in prayer
In our first series of prayer blogs we will be talking a great deal about The Power of Prayer. But first it’s important to address some of the reasons why people do not pray which are as follows:
1. They think it will not change things: Within the contents of this blog it is our desire to bring about a change in this mindset through teaching about The Power of Prayer.
2. They have never set a time and a place to pray: To overcome this, set a time before you continue. It may change, but consider this goal as your starting point.
3. They have experienced unanswered prayer in the past: It’s important not to focus on what you feel God hasn’t done. Focus on the times you have received answers to your own prayer, or have head of others receiving an answer to their prayers.
4. They lack a Biblical understanding concerning prayer: In addition to our series on The Power of Prayer we will address your role in prayer and God’s design for you as His representative here on Earth.
5. They don’t know where to begin: Lastly, we will then learn principles from scripture that will guide you in your prayer time.
To begin the journey of addressing each one of the above issues continue reading by clicking here.